Working with practices, PPGs and the PPG Network, we are building a library of tools and resources to help groups across the city.
The following resources can support people in their Patient Participation Groups (PPGs):
We’ve worked with PPG members, primary care staff, and Primary Care Networks (PCNs) to create a PPG Toolkit.
The toolkit is a collection of resources, hints, and tips for GP practices and their PPGs. It is a freely available digital resource with a number of templates that can be tailored to each practice. We have made these templates available below as Word documents so you can customise them to suit your practice.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for a future version of the toolkit, please get in touch on 0113 221 7777 or email [email protected]
The below version of the toolkit was created in 2020 by Leeds Health and Care Partnership (CCG). We are currently updating the toolkit and we will share it here when it is complete.
- “Join a PPG” Poster – a template you can use to promote your PPG in your practice reception area or wherever you can display posters.
- PPG Terms of Reference – a template to give PPGs a guide as to what their scope and limitations are.
- Ground Rules – an example of ground rules that can be used within a PPG, more can be added as needed.
- Virtual Ground Rules – an example of ground rules that can be used within a PPG for virtual meetings, more can be added as needed.
- Meeting Agenda – an example of an agenda for a PPG meeting.
- First Meeting Agenda – an example of an agenda for your first meeting as a PPG
- Attendee Register – a blank template so you can log attendees at your meetings.
- Code of Conduct – a template you may want to use in your PPG for what is expected of its members.
- How are we doing checklist – this document allows PPGs to rate how effective their group is being and what they could do to improve.
- Action Plan – a template that PPGs can use to log their ongoing actions.
- Induction pack – a template of information you can give to new members of your PPG when they join.
The following links may be of interest for ideas, tools or resources:
- The National Association of Patient Participation – provides support to GP practices and patient participation group members.
- National General Practice Profiles – these profiles show who lives in your local area. They help to ensure that your GP practice is providing effective and appropriate healthcare services for their local population.
- GP Patient Survey – the national GP patient survey helps you see how your GP practice is doing. It also allows you to compare your GP practice with other local practices.
- Public Health England – Campaign Resource Centre – you can request resource packs if you want to support a Public Health England campaign
- National Institute Health Research – You can find out how your local PPG can get involved in local health research
- Framework for patient and public participation in Health and Justice commissioning – this framework describes how NHS England involves patients and the public in the commissioning of health and justice services.
- NHS England Involvement Hub – a source of information for people who want to get involved in our work or enable others to participate.