We wanted to hear about people’s experiences of receiving their vaccinations for COVID-19.
Healthcare services in Leeds have been working hard to protect the city against the impact of COVID-19. As we vaccinated the population, we wanted to hear from local people about their experiences of booking and attending a vaccination clinic in the city.
Comments we received were fed back to our vaccination teams, used to inform others about what to expect when going for their vaccination, and to help improve the vaccination experience for everyone in Leeds wherever we could.
Who did we speak to?
By the time our survey closed, we had received nearly 30,000 responses from people in Leeds who had received a vaccination at any of the COVID-19 vaccination clinics in the city, including the mass vaccination centres at Elland Road and the Thackray Museum.
What and how did we ask?
NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and LTHT used an online survey to ask people to:
- rate their experience of booking a vaccine appointment
- rate their experience of attending a vaccination clinic in Leeds
- provide general comments about their experience.
What did people tell us?
The organisation Skills for Health were commissioned to analyse and review the feedback collected from the surveys. Some themes included:
- People were generally very positive about their experience of receiving their vaccine.
- The majority of people who completed the survey had always intended to get the vaccine.
- For those who were hesitant about getting the vaccine, influences that changed their mind included ongoing COVID restrictions and influence from family and friends.
What are we doing?
We will share the report and the learning from this engagement with relevant stakeholders in the health and care system in Leeds. The learning from this work will ensure that we can make improvements where necessary when we are delivering vaccinations, developing booking systems, and working with diverse communities to ensure that health and care services work for them.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this engagement please contact Caroline Mackay on [email protected] or 0113 221 7777 (Reception).
Alternative formats are available on request. Please get in touch on the contact details above.