Updated 16 June 2023
People aged 75 and over, residents in care homes for older adults and people aged 5 and over with weakened immune systems are being offered an additional COVID vaccination this spring.
A number of walk-in clinics for spring COVID vaccinations in Leeds are being offered:
- Monday 19 June – Dewsbury Road Community Hub, 190 Dewsbury Road, LS11 6PF – from 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Tuesday 20 June – Crossgates and Whinmoor Community Hub, Crossgates shopping centre, LS15 8EU – from 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Wednesday 21 June – Woodsley Health Centre, LS6 1SG – from 1.15pm-4.15pm
- Friday 23 June – The Old Fire Station, Gipton Approach, LS9 6NL – from 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Monday 26 June – The Compton Centre, Harehills Lane, LS9 7BG – from 9.30am to 3.30pm
Protection from the vaccines decreases over time, particularly in older people or those with weakened immune systems. The extra vaccination is to help make sure those at greatest risk continue to have high levels of protection against the virus and help prevent them from becoming seriously ill or needing hospital care.
Eligible people will be invited to book an appointment by the NHS or can use the National Booking Service to book an appointment from 5 April. Appointments start from 17 April and will be available until the end of June.
Anyone aged 5 and over who has not yet had their first or second COVID vaccination can also get them during this time. After 30 June, first and second vaccinations will only be offered to those at higher risk of severe COVID and only available during the seasonal campaigns. Please visit www.nhs.uk/covidvaccination to book an appointment or call 119.
For further information on spring vaccinations and the COVID vaccination programme, please visit www.westyorkshire.icb.nhs.uk/covidvaccination