Updated 27 October 2022
The NHS is offering COVID-19 booster vaccinations for those at greatest risk from the virus to help keep their protection levels topped up this winter. If you are in one of the eligible groups below, please help to keep yourself and those around you safe by getting vaccinated when you are invited.
- everyone aged 50 or over
- people aged 5 – 49 who are immunosuppressed
- people aged 5 – 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19 (More information is available at https://www.england.nhs.uk/who-is-at-increased-risk-from-covid-19/)
- pregnant women
- people aged 16 – 49 who are carers
- people aged 5 – 49 who live with someone who is immunosuppressed
- people who live or work in a care home for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers
To book your booster, please use the online National Booking Service or call 119, free of charge. Lines are open 8am-8pm Monday – Friday and 8am-4pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Some centres are now also offering walk-in appointments and you can use the NHS site-finder to check if there is a clinic near you or the walk-in page on our website..
If you have not yet completed your vaccination course, you can still get whichever jab you need through the National Booking Service.
For more information about the autumn boosters and the COVID vaccination programme you can visit www.westyorkshire.icb.nhs.uk/covidvaccination